Productive Internships in Dynamic Enterprises (PRIDE)
The PRIDE Project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), though its Growth with Equity in Mindanao (GEM) Program, and provides recent, qualified Mindanao graduates with three to six month internships in local and multinational companies in the Philippines, thus attaining two important objectives:
- Broadening the knowledge and awareness of selected Mindanao job seekers of the employment opportunities available in large corporations;
- Providing large corporations with a "window" into the large, talented pool of potential employees available in Mindanao.
To the Interns, PRIDE provides:
- Meaningful assignments in large corporations, allowing interns to gain knowledge, skills and experience necessary to enhance their chances of gaining permanent employment;
- Round trip transportation between Mindanao residence and worksite;
- Living allowance;
- Medical insurance;
- Assistance in locating appropriate housing;
- Orientation to the internship project;
- Supervision and mentoring by host company and PRIDE;
- Priority in hiring if performance is acceptable to employer and and if appropriate job vacancies exist;
- In some companies, internships are counted against the mandatory six month probationary period.
To the partner companies, PRIDE provides:
- Interns whose skills and experience are appropriate to the tasks and outputs assigned during the internship;
- Orientation, as requested, to company personnel who will supervise the intern;
- A share, if required, of allowances paid during the internship;
- Site visits to intern worksites as and when agreed with individual companies;
- Close coordination with company personnel responsible for supervising interns.
For more information, please contact the PRIDE Team at
or (02) 893-5933. PRIDE does not charge any facilitation or processing fees from applicants.
View the PRIDE Factsheet and Application Form